Sonic Rivals from SEGA for the Sony PlayStation Portable is a head-to-head competition between Sonic and his top rivals, where the gloves are off and winner takes all.
Built from the ground-up, the engine allows gamers to rip through tracks in some high-spirited single player and wireless multiplayer action against friends as Sonic returns in a whole new racing-platformer with classic 2D gameplay in true 3D environments for gamers on the go.
What starts as a friendly competition between Sonic and Knuckles quickly intensifies as Shadow and other rivals jump into the action. Sonic Rivals allows gamers to utilize boost moves and power-ups to trip, shove, and vault over each other while hurtling towards the finish line at breakneck speeds. Players will negotiate wildly twisting 3D tracks while avoiding the insidious Dr. Eggman and his myriad of hazardous traps and contraptions.
In Sonic Rivals, gamers can play as one of four different characters from the Sonic Universe, each with separate fast and winding storylines. In addition, the extensive rewards system, which is based on collecting trading cards, allows players to customize their favorite characters. Connect via wireless to race against a friend, and put trading cards on the line for even more multiplayer challenges.
- Go head-to-head with your buddy and trip, shove, even vault over each other as you hurtle towards the finish line at breakneck speed
- Compete one-on-one with each of your rivals will feel just as competitive as if playing against an actual player
- Sonic style 2D gameplay in true 3D environments, custom-built for the PSP
- Race in Sonic's traditional 2D gameplay, but throughout obstacle-filled 3D tracks, enhancing the thrills of the race
- Built from the ground-up to maximize the technical potential of the PSP