Prepare for liftoff with Mario and Yoshi in Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the Nintendo Wii!
Launch into a new universe of gravity warping worlds in the sequel to one of the greatest games of all time! Yoshi joins Mario as they traverse a wild variety of galaxies exploding with imagination, helping out our hero as he gulps enemies, runs at super speed, or inflates like a blimp to reach high cliff tops.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is an action platformer for Wii that continues the space-based fun begun by the 2007 runaway hit Super Mario Galaxy. Featuring out-of-this-world platforming across a wide array of unique planets and space environments, players can go it alone as Mario or team up with his old buddy Yoshi as they platform and puzzle-solve to their hearts content. Additional key features include new and returning power-ups, special power-up abilities when teamed with Yoshi and the new drill mechanic that allows Mario burrow into and through planets.
Mario can move between smaller galaxies of by jumping. He can also embark on longer jaunts via a small steerable planet in the shape of Mario's head, but as a new twist he can also move into and through planets as well using the new drill mechanism. This allows for both a new direction in action as well as an opening to problem-solving and coin collection.
Whether Mario’s leaping into orbit around tiny micro-planets, tumbling through rooms with constantly flip-flopping gravity, or drilling through craggy worlds to emerge on the other side, he’ll need new abilities and serious jumping skills to survive the all-new challenges ahead!
- Skilled players will want to collect new Comet Metals, which will unlock harder levels with even more challenges.
- New powerups include a drill that Mario uses to tunnel through the planet's surface all the way to the other side of a planet.
- Yoshi has an interesting diet. When he eats a Dash Pepper, he gets so hot and frenzied he can run up steep inclines and vertical walls. When he eats a Blimp Fruit, he inflates like a balloon and floats to new heights.
- On some stages, Mario can find an egg, smash it open and hop onto the back of Yoshi. Yoshi can use his tongue to grab items and shoot them back at enemies, or to snag attach points and swing across chasms.
- Mario collects stars as he travels from galaxy to galaxy. Every level is new, but the game retains the charm, sense of wonder and beauty in line with Mario's history. Mario works his way through the various levels, sometimes upside-down, sometimes floating from place to place.